What you’ll get
Duration : 8 days 7 nights
Departure : Hanoi Old Quarter
Suitable : Active traveller, friends, couple...
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88NPG21
The highlight of 8-day package is Ban Gioc Waterfall which is located on the Vietnam-China border and is one of the famous tourist attractions of Cao Bang and Vietnam. You will witness the wonderful scenery here. Continue the itinerary, you will set foot in the roads in Ha Giang to see maverlous mountaisn and beautiful terraced fields. Let's go
- Joining boat trip on Ba Be Lake
- Make new friend and enjoy local live
- Sight seeing great scenery in Ban Gioc Waterfall
- Sightseeing marvelous mountains and beautiful terraced fields in Ha Giang
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||PRICE DETAIL||TOTAL|
Size : 20 m2 Max Adults: 2
Bed size: Double/ Twin
The price for group tour, you will have 3-night in Hanoi 3-star hotel (Golden Rooster or similar), 2-night homestay in Ba Be, 1-night homestay + 1-night hotel in Ha Giang
Choose date to show price
Recommend for you
Total Option Price
Ends in : 05:23:35 hours
Easy & fast checkout
24/7 customer support
This option is fully booked, please change your date or contact us for more details.
- 7 Breakfast, 6 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- A/C transfer
- Homestay, Hotel
- Price Includes
- Boat trip on Ba Be Lake
- Professional English-speaking tour guides
- Entrance fees and visit fees
- Bottle of water on the shuttle bus
- A/C transportation during the trip
- Transfer round trip from airport to hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- Full accommodation in Hanoi (hotel), Ba Be (homestay) and Ha Giang (hotel + homestay)
- Meals as indicated (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Price Excludes
- Beverages, travel insurance, VAT, personal expenses
- Surcharge on Christmas, New Year and Lunar New year
- Others not clearly mentioned above
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 45 days prior to trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 95% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: Hanoi arrival
Upon arrival at Noi Bai Airport, driver will pick you up and transfer to Hanoi center. Check in hotel and free time. Overnight at hotel in Hanoi.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi
- Day 2: Hanoi - Lang Son
Our tour guide will pick you up by car at your hotel around 7:30-8:00am, transferring you to Lang Son. We will start by driving in the direction of the Chinese border for about 3 hours, before stopping at Chi Lang Pass - a 20-km-long gorge created from a narrow valley between two mountains. This place occupies an important position in Vietnamese history, being the place of many victories against various Chinese invasions over the centuries and millennia, as far back as 981AD. As such it bears the reputation of Vietnam’s strongest citadel and bastion. Here you will have roughly an hour to walk around and explore the area around the Quy Mon Quan Gate, which translates as “The Gate of Monsters”, named for the many invasion forces that would spill through the pass over the course of history only to be beaten back by stalwart Vietnamese defenders. After lunch at a local restaurant in Dong Dang, you will continue your trip into the pass, stopping to visit Mother’s Temple and Dong Khe – an important historical site where The Battle of Dong Khe was fought during the First Indochina War. In fact, this was the very first battle of the Indochina Wars, and the fighting here took place through September and October 1950, ending in a resounding victory for the Viet Minh. In the evening you will get to enjoy dinner and overnight rest in a local homestay owned and operated by a local Nung family.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 3: Cao Bang - Ban Gioc Waterfall - Ba Be Lake
After enjoying breakfast at the homestay, you will depart for Trung Khanh which lies right on the border with China. Here you will have another chance to meet and interact with the local Nung people living in the village of Phuoc Sen, a mountainous village famous for its traditional blacksmithing. The farming tools made here are an integral part of the lifestyle which is evident in the surrounding rice paddies and fields. Nestled amongst these amazing landscapes is the breath-taking Ban Gioc Waterfall which spans over 300 meters, split half and half between Vietnam and China. You’ll get some time here to simply take in the amazing atmosphere surrounding the falls, which presents an excellent opportunity for some fantastic photography. Once you’ve finished at the falls, it’s time to head over to Nguom Ngao Cave, for a very different, but no less impressive natural wonder. The cave stretches for 2,144 meters underground and is brimming with incredible stalactites and stalagmites. You will then return to Cao Bang town and head down the “snake pass” to Ba Be Lake, where you will stay overnight in a homestay constructed in traditional Tay fashion and owned and operated by a local Tay family. Here you can relax and unwind from the day and enjoy a delicious and authentic home-cooked meal
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 4: Ba Be Lake - Hanoi
After breakfast we’ll kick the final day of the tour of by boarding a boat and setting off onto the lake. It’s up to you how to spend your time on the boat, whether it’s relaxing and enjoying the views or going for a swim in the cool waters to refresh yourself. The views consist of stunning karst formations all around you covered with patches of wild vegetation and a rich wildlife. The boat will then continue along the Nang River, giving you a chance to explore the caves of Puong Grotto where you can marvel at the stalactites and stalagmites created through river erosion, as well as observe the thousands-strong bat colony that lives here. Now that you’ve reached the end of your tour, you’ll be driven the roughly 230 kilometres back to Hanoi, with a stop at a tea plantation nestled among rolling hills. Once we arrive in Hanoi it is time to say farewell, having made lifelong memories and connections.
Overnight in Hanoi
Meals: B, L
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi
- Day 5: Hanoi - Ha Giang
Departs on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings
6:00-6:30 Pick up at your hotel in Hanoi and depart for Ha Giang by bus.
You will have a short break with some photo opportunities along the way.
12:30-13:00 Have lunch in Ha Giang.
14:00 Leave Ha Giang City for Quan Ba. On the way you can take some photos of the magnificent views of the rice fields, mountains and valleys.
15:30 Stop at Heaven`s Gate, enjoy the fresh air & see the panorama of Tam Son Town from above, afterwards we head to the countryside where you will be welcomed by local Tay families.
16:00: Spend time to rest and freshen up before trekking around the village.
You can discover the rammed earth house of Black Dao which surrounded by terraced paddy fields.
Then you will have a delicious dinner in one of the local homestays.
Overnight in local Tay`s homestay
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 6: Quan Ba – Yen Minh – Meo Vac – Ma Pi Leng – Dong Van
6:30-7:00: Have breakfast, enjoy the fresh air of breathtaking mountains, check out from the homestay and be ready for the next experience - continue your journey to Meo Vac.
After lunch in Meo Vac, we keep going to Dong Van, we continue to conquer Ma Pi leng Pass. It is one of the most beautiful Rocky Mountains, unique landscape and famous places in Vietnam. You will have chance to stand on the steep cliffs of Nho Que River, a river which flows from China and through Vietnam for about 46 km.
After that you will trek through the small villages where H`mong people live and through extraordinary mountainous landscapes. You will enjoy the incredible views of the Happy road below.
16:30 Check in at the Hotel in Dong Van Town.
19:00 Have dinner and enjoy the night life of the local people there
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 7: Dong Van - Hanoi
If you are here on a Sunday you can discover the very exciting and Colourful Dong Van market, where a dozen tribes living in the surrounding area, and traditionally dressed, come to sell their goods.
After breakfast you will continue your journey to Dong Van Unesco Geopark and enjoy fresh atmosphere.
On the way you will visit the H`Mong King`s Palace. This is one of the most special, cultural and historical monuments in Dong Van, the Vietnam war, and life of the ethnic people.
12:00 Enjoy a traditional Vietnamese lunch. We continue to follow the guide trekking, experiencing the breathtaking nature, visiting the centuries – old villages, and the houses of the Tay ethnic minority.
15:30 Return to Hanoi
22:30- 23:00 Arrive back in Hanoi.
Meals: B, L
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi
- Day 8: Hanoi departure
Have breakfast and free time until our driver picks you up, and transfers to Noi Bai International Airport. End of service!
- You should bring cash through the trip
- Hanoi accommodation: 3-star (Golden Rooster Hotel, Legacy Hotel or similar)
- Homestay’s facilities are not as in hotel
- Big luggage: are advised to leave at the hotel for customers' convenience and comfort
- Arrival/departure info: required at the time of booking or at least 3 days before departure
- Flexibility: the order of this tour can be change to match the time plan/interest of customers
- Itinerary:can be slightly changed due to weather, availability and operating conditions and will be reconfirmed upon confirmation.
- Warm clothes, scarf, hat, cap due to the weather is pretty unpredictable. It is normally cold in September, October, November, December, January, February and March
- Trekking shoes, sun glasses, sun cream, insect repellent, cash in Vietnam Dong (US Dollar, Euro, Australia Dollar are accepted)
Compare with other products
Questions & Answers
9.2Based on 5 reviews
Value for money9.4
13 Jul 2019
Ha Giang was an absolute highlight of our trip to Vietnam. Brilliant drivers who know the routes and sites so well, they gave us plenty of flexibility for stops and no matter the weather made sure we got the most from our trip. The Homestay’s were also amazing - sharing great food and local hospitality. Cannot recommend this tour enough!
25 May 2019
Our local guide was the best. He travelled at a pace that was easy to follow and took really good care of us during the trip. He was also very willing to share about life in his village and was knowledgeable about the various landmarks and attractions. The homestays were incredible-food was delicious and the hosts were very welcoming. We couldn't have asked for a better experience on this trip
15 Mar 2019
I've been doing my trip in North Vietnam for the second time along with Ha Giang Road Trip! Every trip is better than the previous one! Funny guides, unforgettable experiences, breathtaking views! Our every request was received with love and the guides went above and beyond to make us happy throughout the trip!
16 Jan 2019
One of the most beautiful waterfalls in Vietnam. This is a must do and great for the entire family. One river spreading itself over a wide and terraced grouping of rock and limestone. Absolutely amazing and a must see and experience. The best picture opportunities of a life time.
08 Jun 2018